I am asked frequently for tools to help us, “… release feelings of sadness, fear or distress.” The oldest, quickest, simplest and cost free technique is Toning.
Toning works with the vibrations of one’s voice by making long, sustained vowel sounds; or consonant sounds or a combination of both. The vibrations that these sounds create internally affect our physical bodies and aid in balancing our chakras/energy centers, which promote our physical healing. Chants, songs and whistling are considered toning, as well. Toning aids in expressing and releasing feelings and sometimes thoughts deep within us.
To Tone, give yourself private time and space to do this in. Set the intention that you gratefully release anything that no longer serves your highest and best. Ask Creator for and accept healing energy to your body, mind and Spirit. You may take as much time as you feel you need.
One method is: With intention breathe in, and on the exhale, opening your mouth and allowing whatever sound / tone your body creates to be released / sounded. You are releasing vibrations that you have held on to unconsciously and or stuck. You are now releasing, “that which no longer serves you.” As you release Tone for as long as you feel the need to. Your process is unique to you.
- The more often you Tone the more natural it will feel to you and the deeper your breathing will become. With Toning, no matter what form you choose, your lungs will develop and allow more oxygen into them. More oxygen into your bloodstream brings healthier blood and promotes anti-aging throughout your body.
- Second method: Begin by Toning each vowel sound, one at a time. Do this loud enough so that you hear yourself. As you do this you may find that one particular vowel sound is all you feel the need to sound. Work with that particular vowel sound; that chakra is out of balance. (see chart below)
- Anytime that you feel out of sorts, fearful, depressed, you may Tone either AUM, or AH, or UU, or the individual vowels. Do this as long and as loud as needed. You will simply stop when you feel you are in greater harmony; there is no thinking about it.
- Working with this tool, you will experience the quick calming effects it creates, and will tone more and more often. You may also begin to notice that you are able to hold a tone longer and longer; your lungs are holding more oxygen and you are breathing more deeply.
- As you complete this process, you may choose to give thanks to Creator and your body for all that you Are.
I have used Toning for so many years, that I automatically use it when my mind keeps running negative thoughts, or feelings. The healing and calm that Toning brings to me is fast and consistent. Then with clarity, I take responsibility of these thoughts, feelings and or beliefs, and choose how to perceive, change or release them. It is always one’s choice.
May you gain support, strength and clarity with this tool.
With thanks for you and your bright Light.
First Chakra: Location:Tail bone
Color: Red Tone: E
Healing Property: Blood circulation
Second Chakra: Location: Below Naval-Spleen
Color:Orange Tone: O
Healing Property: Muscles/emotional balance/reproduction
Third Chakra: Location:Solar Plexus
Healing Properties: Wisdom, digestion, headaches/adrenal gland
Fourth Chakra: Location: Heart
Color:Green Tone: AH
Healing Property: Heart /lungs /ulcers/ circulation
Fifth Chakra: Location: Throat
Characteristic: Speaking Truth
Color: Blue Tone: UU
Sixth Chakra: Location:Third Eye
Color: Indigo Tone: MM
Healing Property: Purifier/sinuses
Seventh Chakra: Location: Crown
Color: Violet Tone: EE
Healing Properties: Calming nerves/ insomnia/skeletal issues
Eight Chakra: Location:Soul Star ( above head)
Characteristic: Linking us to Our Soul
Healing Property:Your Light Body